Re: POC / gcc

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: POC / gcc
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:19:10 +0100

On 9/6/06 09:28, Marc Brünink wrote:
Hi,

 Secondly, honest to God actual closures (called blocks for some reason).
Closures!? Neat! I want closures, too.... Now !!  :-)

More than once I was wondering why Objective-C does not have closures at all. So now I know: Its all apple's fault :-)
Could someone please hack gcc so we get closures?

There's some info on that at CocoaDev, start with this page:
http://www.cocoadev.com/index.pl?HigherOrderMessaging

and there's OCBlock, although the page for that seems to have disappeared and I couldn't quickly find anything else about it.

Cheers,

Graham.

--
Graham Lee