Re: The need for an official GNUstep desktop

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: The need for an official GNUstep desktop
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:08:31 +0200

Hi Charles,

By the way, if I want to drag a string (path) from my app to Terminal.app what pastboard type do I need to use? Is Terminal.app able to work as a drag
target?

Yes, Terminal.app can be a drop target. I use it all the time with GWorkspace.app.

Hmm, any idea how the pasteboard is to be set up? In my application (drag source) I am doing

NSArray *types = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:NSFilenamesPboardType, NSStringPboardType, nil];
      [pboard declareTypes:types owner:nil];
[pboard setPropertyList:[NSArray arrayWithObject:path] forType:NSFilenamesPboardType];
      [pboard setString:path forType:NSStringPboardType];

I can drag from my application, but dropping is refused by Terminal.app!? :-(

Thanks,

  Andreas