Hi

From: Anton Rolls
Subject: Hi
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:14:49 +1100

Hello..!
This is my first post.

I'm on Windows and I wanted to try out GORM,
so I've installed the GNUStep Windows core package from
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/sources.html

Now it's been a while since I did any compiling,
and I don't have that much experience with *nix.

I quickly became confused about where to start.
I wanted to try compiling an application example with a gui.

When I start the MSYS shell it leaves me in a home directory

/home/Anton

but this doesn't contain anything of note, and I can't seem
to get at the good stuff higher branches of the filepath.

To get around this I copied
    GNUStep/Development/Source/gui/
    GNUStep/Development/msys/1.0/home/Anton/gui/

and I was then able to

        ./configure
        make
        make install

as mentioned at various places in the docs.

However, I don't think this is the correct way to do this,
and the built executables I found in there just gave missing DLL
error messages, so I deleted my gui/ directory and restored the
old one into the original location.

Anyway, I'm confused about how to proceed, with the end goal
being to write some simple apps to investigate how GORM works.

Are there any Windows users out there who could walk me through
compiling a GORM app ?

I would appreciate any help in this direction.

Regards,

Anton.