Re: Scrollbars.

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Scrollbars.
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:47:57 -0500

On Nov 15, 2006, at 5:37 AM, Renaud Molla wrote:

I think you'll find that the systems which have the scroll bar on the right are also more than 10 years old. There may have been advances made in GUI's in the last ten years, but the position of the scroll bar is
not one of them.

First of all, do you really think i'm so stupid i didn't know that there are systems with right scrollbars that are more than 10 year old? This is not a counter argument, you're only trying to shut me up.

Hello,

Both the scrollbars and the color scheme have been discussed *extensively* on this list and the UI list before. You might want to look at the archives to see other things that have been said. The color scheme issue is being addressed with Camaleon (and help on that is welcome), and a good solution for the scrollbar issue was proposed. Though again the main issue is finding people to work on it. (Hint, hint. ;)

thanks,
Adrian