Re: Is it o.k. to announce GNUstep digg stories here?

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Is it o.k. to announce GNUstep digg stories here?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:17:18 -0500

On 3/22/07, Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@gmail.com> wrote:
As for the digg, I am more passive.
I believe if the story is good, people will dig it.
There is no need to push it that hard, or push every story.
I would be more interested to see what happens if we don't push.
It reflects the true popularity of GNUstep.
To compromise on both sides, my suggestion is to put on the first digg
because it does take time to write one, then see what happens.
It is like a constant survey of what people are interested in GNUstep. :)

Those are good point!  And looking at it that way, I agree with all of them.  However, do we even know if people check the blog on a regular basis?  I know I do, but people that aren't used to checking it out might not know when a new story comes out, at which point I think it a good idea to announce the existence of that story.

I think the push shouldn't be to digg the story, but to get attention to the story.  If people aren't reading the blog, it doesn't matter if the story interest them or not, because they're not actually getting a chance to read it.

With all that stuff in mind, I think we should really think about getting at least an unofficial blog, which in my opinion yours does a good job.

Stefan