Re: Was GNUstep ready for GNUstep ?

From: Tim McIntosh
Subject: Re: Was GNUstep ready for GNUstep ?
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:49:02 -0500

On Apr 29, 2007, at 9:08 AM, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:

I think the bigger issue at hand here is what to do now!  It's been a fact that most applications built on top of GNUstep are becoming more and more outdated (most hadn't had a release in at least 2 years), including Project Center, which is way overdue for an update release.

In my opinion, the GNUstep project only needs to worry about the applications/libraries in its repository, as it's after all GNUstep software.  The other, outside GNUstep, projects are the ones who need to put guidelines such as "Compatible with -make 1.x", or whatever.

This is only a half baked idea, but it seems like it would be nice to have a summary table on the wiki (or somewhere) for each core release that included the following information for all applications and frameworks:
Package Name
Latest Version
Release Date
Primary Maintainer (None if package is not actively maintained)
Verified Working With This Core Release? (Yes/No)
Platforms Tested

-Tim