Re: NSNetService with Avahi

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: NSNetService with Avahi
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:36:59 -0700

On 6/6/07, Chris B. Vetter <chris.vetter@gmail.com> wrote:
On 6/6/07, TMC <viiieighte@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would prefer an Avahi interface as well. My N800 runs Avahi, my Ubuntu
> server runs Avahi, why not GNUstep? ;-)
[...]

Because mDNSResponder is MUCH easier to handle/program, because it's
API makes more sense, and because Bonjour is Apple's "baby."

 I got the mDNSResponder to work.
 Before, I use the CVS version, which is a bad idea.
 mDNSResponder-107.6 from Apple works fine.

 Then I run the TBrowser from your original patch and it works.
 It can finds tons of stuff.

 I notice you have a patch for 108.
 Is it for mDNSResponder CVS ?

 Yen-Ju