Re: NSNetService with Avahi

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: NSNetService with Avahi
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 22:53:42 +0200

On 6/6/07, Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@gmail.com> wrote:
On 6/6/07, Chris B. Vetter <chris.vetter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/6/07, TMC <viiieighte@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would prefer an Avahi interface as well. My N800 runs Avahi, my Ubuntu
> > server runs Avahi, why not GNUstep? ;-)
> [...]
> Because mDNSResponder is MUCH easier to handle/program, because it's
> API makes more sense, and because Bonjour is Apple's "baby."
  I got the mDNSResponder to work.
  Before, I use the CVS version, which is a bad idea.

Yes, the one in CVS is broken for all platforms other than Darwin.
This is (according to the developer's mailing list) due to
restructuring of the code.

  mDNSResponder-107.6 from Apple works fine.
  Then I run the TBrowser from your original patch and it works.

v107.6 is the 'official' (aka stable) version you will get when you go
to the developer's pages
(http://developer.apple.com/opensource/internet/bonjour.html).

  It can finds tons of stuff.
  I notice you have a patch for 108.