Fail to compile StepTalk

From: Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson
Subject: Fail to compile StepTalk
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 04:26:38 +0000

Howdy.

I'm trying to install StepTalk (as a requirement for another package but
I really don't know anything about it except that it's SmallTalk for
GNUStep).

I failed to find any information on this on the StepTalk website or in
the README file.

Here's my terminal output.

[helgihg@Truman ~/Download/StepTalk]$ make
GNUmakefile:25: /common.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:46: /aggregate.make: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/aggregate.make'.  Stop.
[helgihg@Truman ~/Download/StepTalk]$ find . | grep common.make
[helgihg@Truman ~/Download/StepTalk]$ find . | grep aggregate.make
[helgihg@Truman ~/Download/StepTalk]$

So I'm kinda lost. Any help would be appreciated. I just installed the
GNUStep package through GNUStep-Startup. If this is a dependency
problem, it should probably be checked by the StepTalk installation
process. :)

P.S.: I believe this is inherently a bug, but I didn't want to
double-post, so maybe you'll forward this to the bugbusters if you
agree.

Kind regards,
Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson
helgi@binary.is