Re: GNUstep Apps, iPhone.

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: GNUstep Apps, iPhone.
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:52:18 +0200

Am 19.10.2007 um 08:12 schrieb hns@computer.org:

On 19 Okt., 00:09, Marko Riedel <markoriede...@yahoo.de> wrote:
I don't know if I got this right -- will Apple offer a Cocoa-based SDK for
iPhones? If yes, should we be porting GNUstep apps as a means of

Nobody knows yet. It could as well be some Dashboard/Dashcode Widget
based SDK.

But there is one hint by those guys who are hacking the iPhone. It
appears that there is NO AppKit.framework (but Foundation, WebKit
etc.). It has a new, separate UIKit.framework which appears to be a
simplified (???) AppKit.

And, there is some discussion about signatures, i.e. software
certification.

advertising GNUstep?

So unless you want to write an open source UIKit, you won't be able to
port any applications. BTW: which GNUstep applications do you think of
are reasonable to operate on the iPhone?

But he, we could provide a full AppKit for the iPhone!

;-)

        Lars