Re: GNUstep slogan - discussion and voting (was: Re: Objective-C 2.0 and

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUstep slogan - discussion and voting (was: Re: Objective-C 2.0 and other new features in Leopard)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 01:28:23 +0000

On Nov 12, 2007 12:13 AM, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
<lars.sonchocky-helldorf@hamburg.de> wrote:

> > GNUstep - Not your father's Cocoa!
> >
> > GNUstep - The greatest API you've never heard of!
>
> nice, I like the humor in it. But will a great API alone make
> developers consider GNUstep?

I like both, probably with a preference to the 2nd as I'm not so keen
as selling gnustep as a cocoa clone..

> > GNUstep - code intelligently
>
> better than my original proposal, second choice to me
>

> > GNUstep - code less, deploy everywhere
>
> [X] my favorite, short and to the point. It lines out what we are (a
> framework/environment for development), it sums up the main
> advantages (code less, cross platform capability)
>

> > GNUstep - code smartly
>
> same as code intelligently

No, I think it's better than code intelligently as there's also the
"dressed smartly" which is the case with GNUstep, isn't it ?

> > GNUstep - make your users smile today
>
> nice and positive, but you still get no idea what GNUstep is about
> (WindowMaker - make your users smile today would also work for
> WindowMaker)

nice, but.. not really informative.

> > GNUstep - write once deploy everywhere
>
> that one is also not bad but it misses to point out that GNUstep
> saves you a lot of time and code (which you don't need to write)

yeah, and it's close to the java slogan... possibly  a bad association :D

my order would be (in descending order):
GNUstep - code smartly

--
Nicolas Roard
"La perfection, ce n'est pas quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, c'est