Re: Question on mini windows

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Question on mini windows
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:15:20 +0100

Andreas Schik wrote:
> On 2008-01-10 21:43:11 +0100 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Andreas Schik wrote:

>>> What happens here is this:
>>> Using the app's menu the window is miniaturized, but comes back to
>>> its
>>> original size immediately, no matter how I set GSAppOwnsMiniwindow.
>>> If
>>> I set this value to NO, however, i can at least use Windowmaker's
>>> title bar button again.
>>> This behaviour is always the same, no matter who handles the
>>> decorations.
>>>
>> This is completely different to what I get here. Which window manager
>> are you using? Ah, Window Maker, but what version? Looks like I have
>> install that myself and test there.
> According to the info panel it's 0.92.0. I run Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy).
> Don't know whether they patch it in any way, but I don't think so.

I just tried with Windo Maker 0.92. There mini windows work perfectly if
the GSAppOwnsMiniwindow default is set to NO. When this default is YES,
no mini windows get displayed. Most likely Window Maker is suppressing
the mini windows that GNUstep is creating.

With my KDE window manager (what ever it's name is) I get normal GNUstep
mini windows when the default is YES (Only when using the window menu!)
and no mini windows when the default is NO.

As your Window Maker seems to behave different from mine, I would expect
that you have a specific configuration for your Window Maker that needs
to be corrected.

Cheers,
Fred