Re: FOSDEM 2008

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2008
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 06:03:17 -0800 (PST)

On 24 Jan., 19:59, Helge Hess <helge.h...@opengroupware.org> wrote:
> On 14.01.2008, at 17:24, h...@computer.org wrote:
>
> > * depart by car sharing on Saturday at approx. 10:00 or 11:00
> > towards Brussels.
> > * 1 night stay in Brussels (individually booked)
> > * return on Sunday late afternoon to Frankfurt
>
> Actually I wonder why I made a fuss with Pascal to get a GNUstep booth
> when no one wants to have one? (who will be tending the booth on
> Saturday/Sunday?).
>
> If its just considered 'boring', one should say so upfront ...

Helge,
what are you talking about? I am quite puzzled how you come to such
conclusions from my mail.

Who said it is 'boring'? Who said 'no one wants to have a booth'? Can
you please point to these statements?

Here a short summary of the discussion (not to warm it up again since
it is solved):

0. It was felt that we need a Pre-FOSDEM Workshop on Friday/Saturday
morning
1. The stand is available from Saturday 14:00 to Sunday approx. 17:00
2. Not any minute longer and not before
3. Therefore, we can' meet at ULB for a developer meeting/workshops.
4. In case we don't find a good location at Brusels, we have to meet
elsewhere.
5. I made a proposal
6. Problem is already solved:

Gerold has found a room at a Hotel in Brussels (see Wiki) where we can
meet on Friday. We don't have to find a different solution any more
like the one I have proposed.

I start to wonder why I make proposals that are not read carefully.
And why we have a Wiki.

Please note your participation on the Wiki page:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2008#Who_will_attend_FOSDEM

Nikolaus