Re: Cross-dev with gnustep make and xCode

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: Cross-dev with gnustep make and xCode
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 21:40:51 +0200

Hi all,

Is it possible to get along without xCode at all and build everything
(even applications) with gnustep make on MacOSX 10.5? And if not how

Yes, why not? You can do everything from the commandline.

Where would I find an example project (GNUmakefile,. resources,..) that builds a complete application for MacOSX? I have built MacOSX applications (years ago) with gnustep make, but the directory structure was different from other ProjectBuilderWO.app generated apps, the application icon was not working,... so I finally built the applications directly with ProjectBuilderWO.app and used gnustep make only for bundles and frameworks. I would really appreciate an example GNUmakefile that builds a fully compatible application wrapper for MacOSX 10.5.

Would it even be possible to build fat binaries (PPC, Intel) with gnustep make?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

  Andreas