Re: Printing

From: Hubert Chathi
Subject: Re: Printing
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 17:33:04 -0400

Gregory John Casamento wrote:

> The debian and ubuntu packages tend to be somewhat behind.  The best
> place to get gnustep is from the gnustep website.  The startup tar
> file should have everything you need to do a build and install.  GJC

FWIW, the latest released versions of the unstable branch are in the
Debian experimental repository[1].  Of course, you'll have to recompile
almost all the GNUstep programs to use the new libraries.

(And for the record, the reason that the Debian packages are lagging
behind is due to the GPL2/LGPL3 incompatibility issues.)

[1] put "deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main" in your
    /etc/apt/sources.list file

(I don't know how the Debian experimental repository will interact with
Ubuntu.)

--
Hubert Chathi - Email/Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)