Re: Some questions about NSText

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Some questions about NSText
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 14:32:41 +0200

Germán Arias wrote:
Hi, I have an app that adds NSText in my document, and I can move and resize
these. But, when I resize these NSText the area of text is the same, never
change. For example, if I duplicate the width of an NSText, I don't get double
area to write. What is the problem? Other thing, Is there a way to set a image
of resizable border? Or I need make and draw this? Regards and thanks for your
help.

What you need to do is set setWidthTracksTextView: to YES on the underlying NSTextContainer. Bt you need to be careful here, you cannot have the NSTextView resize to the entered text and the NSTextContainer to adopt to the size of the NSTextView. There should be some explanation on that in the Apple documentation.

I did not understand your question about images, what are you wanting to do?

Fred