Re: Is there going to be a release soon?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Is there going to be a release soon?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 00:01:12 +0100

Adam Fedor wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2008, at 9:05 AM, hns@computer.org <mailto:hns@computer.org>
> wrote:
>> And one thing makes me wonder a little: why is it still a 0.15
>> release? After so many years of work.
>> From a marketing view this looks like an instable experiment and not
>> as something that can be used in daily work.
>>
> I'd like to see that as well.

For a long time I have been reluctant to move on to a 1.0 release of
GNUstep gui, but we may almost be there. Perhaps we could define what
should go into such a release and which non-coding conditions should be
met (for examples the amount of test coverage) and then try to reach
these conditions early in 2009?
Just tagging the current release with a 1.0 stamp (or even higher) still
looks wrong to me.

Fred