Re: [FOSDEM] our Devroom - what do we want to do there - call for papers

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: [FOSDEM] our Devroom - what do we want to do there - call for papers
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 10:15:21 +0000

now that we've got our dev-room at FOSDEM it is now up to us to use that once in a lifetime (not really ;-)) chance for our purposes and as we think it's best. That can include talks, hacking sessions, discussions and so on. Just what we want.

Thanks for organizing this ... much appreciated. :-)

I see there's a very long list of session slots to fill ... I'll be there and I can volunteer to hold one session. :-)

Is there any (possibly advanced) gnustep-make topic that people would like to hear about ?

Else, we could have some introductory sessions for new/potential developers. I was thinking of holding a session called "Cross-platform Objective-C Development Using GNUstep" ... does it sound like a good
idea ?

Another good session I was thinking I could do would be an "Introduction to Objective-C Using GNUstep".

(btw, we should share; obviously a lot of other people can these sessions or similar ones).

Anyway in general I think the non-GNUstep person at Fosdem would mostly be interested in learning about trying out {Apple Cocoa}-inspired technologies on free unices. They will have heard a lot about the wonders of Objective-C and Cocoa and might be interested in free, portable replacements for them.
We should try to have a few sessions for these people.

Thanks