Re: our Devroom - what do we want to do there - call for papers

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: our Devroom - what do we want to do there - call for papers
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 02:06:41 -0800 (PST)

Ah,
I didn't catch that tehre is no stand this year (I should better read
the mails :-).

So it is not so mutch switching between two parallel tasks.

What I then would suggest is to even more focus on attractive titles
so that it is not a GNUsteppers Meeting but someting which gets
interested people into the Devroom. Could be a "GNUstep life Demo"
every 2 hours.

>> 1. How to install and run GNUstep on Windows

> That is really simple and wont help with these FOSS developers, they
> aren't interested in Windows. The people who are wont be there.

Are you sure? In the last years there have been many visitors "just
looking" and some have a double-life. They are FOSS developers in
spare time and have to professionally develop for Windows to earn
money. Those are always looking for FOSS projects to use in their
professional life.

> May I add a topic or two?

Surely, more topics are welcome!!! It is **our** meeting and self-
presentation.

Nikolaus