Re: newbie user difficulty in managing dockapp

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Re: newbie user difficulty in managing dockapp
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 22:04:39 +0800

Omniscient wrote:
Since most of them who can deal with the problem were focusing on
building their own DE and they won't use Window Maker in any way
either were too busy with anything else. And no matter how many NeXT
zealots would say how much they love the current look, they can't help
either.
Well, I guess that is because writing something new and creative gives more sense of accomplishment, especially if people are using spare time, the accomplishment motives. Such case exist in a lot of free software. e.g. this explains the 100+ window managers that have poor I18N support + poor documents + solo work + nobody could use them. I guess the solutions are getting more skilled people work on it and getting development process more focused (e.g. with priority level and shipping date & roadmap). It's difficult I know.