Re: where to get TextEdit.app?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: where to get TextEdit.app?
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 08:49:48 +0200

Zhang,

please be aware that GAP did not incorporate Backbone at all. We just took
over Terminal since it was not well maintained and needed some patches to
continue to make it build. Plus we added some portability enhancements to
non-linux platforms that were never incorporated into mainstream.

To get TextEdit, you still need to reference Backbone.

Textedit actually is just a straight of the original OpenStep program of
which the sources are freely available. Thus for now we decided not to
incorporate it yet. TextEdit still works fine, alternatives are Ink inside
gnustep and, upcoming the port of Bean available in GAP.

Riccardo