Terminal seems to suffer from cropped line using cairo

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Terminal seems to suffer from cropped line using cairo
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 09:10:46 +0800

The attached screenshot shows the problem.

It seems only related to cairo. I on another computer tried xlib and art both work fine.

I tried various font for Terminal including Dejavu Sans, WenQuanyi Bitmap Song, Courier 10 Pitch (at 10 Pitch), all have this problem. Only lower half of the line where user input is displayed. The upper half cut.

Suggestions for workarounds? Should I file this?

PNG image