BaseTen, an open source Cocoa database framework

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: BaseTen, an open source Cocoa database framework
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 00:11:59 +0200

Hi,

in a recent discussion on how to interact with databases at cocoa- dev@lists.apple.com (during which I mentioned GDL2 but nobody seemed to be interested :-( ) the following was brought up:

BaseTen, this is an open source Cocoa database framework for working with PostgreSQL databases:

http://basetenframework.org/

BaseTen is dual licensed, under GPL v2 and under some comercial license for closed source apps:

http://basetenframework.org/wiki/Licensing

a tutorial is here:

http://basetenframework.org/wiki/Tutorial

The whole website looks very professional (I don't know about the sources - I didn't look at them) and it seems to be maintained by a company.

So I thought that someone who has a say in GNUstep could talk to them and convince them to port BaseTen to GNUstep (that would also be a selling point for them). What do you think?

regards,

        Lars