GNUstep under WINE?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: GNUstep under WINE?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:06:16 +0100

Hi,

Has anyone had any success running GNUstep under WINE? I've managed to get it installed under CrossOver on OS X and it builds things that look like windows binaries, but won't run (I've not tried them on a real Windows machine). There don't appear to be any pre-compiled Windows binaries of GNUstep apps on the site that don't depend on older versions of the core libraries, so I've been unable to test whether them.

I also tried under stock WINE on FreeBSD, but the build process failed there with a message complaining about being unable to fork().

David