A few problem with latest SVN stuff

From: Stef Bidi
Subject: A few problem with latest SVN stuff
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 16:25:40 -0600

I've been trying to use as many GNUstep applications as possible on a little test install that I have going on here and am running into a few problems.  These are just the problems with GWorkspace, and I don't know if it's something I'm going or if they are bugs (everything used to work) and WindowMaker.  I've installed everything from SVN yesterday (Sat Nov 7), so the code is fairly up to date.  I'm also using the xlib backend (if that helps).

Anyway, this is what in GWorkspace:
* GWorkspace's dock doesn't "save" what applications have been docked across restarts.  That is, if I dock a bunch of applications, then log off using the "Logout" menu item, then restart the session I'll be presented with an empty dock, again.
* The "Run" panel's ("Tools"->"Run...") text field does not allow me to edit it, which means I can't actually enter the applications I want run.

In SystemPreferences:
* The "Apply" button on the themes preferences doesn't actually work.  If I hit apply, SystemPreferences' theme will change, however the default will not be written, which means no other application actually gets the new theme.  If I restart SystemPreferences I'll be presented with the old theme.
* This is just one thing I noticed, isn't GSX11HandlesWindowDecoration depricated?  SystemPreferences still has it that way.

In general:
* I set GSX11HandlesWindowDecoration to NO (have GNUstep draw the borders) and moving windows are extremely slow.  I'm on a 500MHz PC, so it's really noticable.  If I let WindowMaker decorate the window moving it around is really smooth, but when GNUstep is decorating them it's painfully slow.  If I move the mouse fast enough (to one end or another of the screen) the window lags behind.  I'll make a note here that I remember this also being an issue when I was on a 2.5GHz PC, just not as noticable there.

Let me know if I need to clarify anything or if I should file a bug report.

Stefan