Re: Compiling GNUstep vs. Cocoa?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Compiling GNUstep vs. Cocoa?
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 21:37:20 +0200

For a really nerdy answer you will have to wait until David Chisnall
replies. He will be able to explain the details of the different linker
format perhaps plus some trick how to cheat around these when building a
fat application.

>From me you get only the much simple reply that the GNUstep and Cocoa
classes are not binary compatible. This means subclasses of any Cocoa
class will have different sizes in the different environments and at the
moment this would break application code, even when linked differently.

Cheers
Fred