gdomap and registered names

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: gdomap and registered names
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 14:31:05 +0200

Hi,

I'd be interested to know how to register a name with gdomap, list all the registered names etc.

When I try gdomap -R Test, gdomap -N or gdomap -L GDNCServer (while having gdnc running) I get: "failled to contact gdomap on myhostname(127.0.1.1) - Operation now in progress"

Trying to run the same command with sudo -E gives the same result.

DO works fine though. What am I doing wrong?

Although it's unrelated to the previous problem, I also observed some rare cases where DO might start to fail (exception in the app trying to use NSConnection) and where the failure would continue after restarting gdomap. The only solution is then to rm -r /tmp/ GNUstepSecureXXX

Cheers,
Quentin.