Re: Problem with NSOpenGLView

From: icicle
Subject: Re: Problem with NSOpenGLView
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:25:45 +0200

Hi!

First, try glxgears and look if it works. Second, look at the output of
glxinfo. Third, what system and architecture are you on, which GPU and
drivers are you using?

I had a funny issue with OpenGL a while ago on my Ubuntu box. Basically
I got an X.Org update which as a sideffect reset the symlink to
libGL.so. I was searching for hours for bugs in my code, not realizing
that some default libGL.so was used instead the one of my NVIDIA driver.

Cheers,
TOM

Zitat von German Arias <german@xelalug.org>:

Eric Wasylishen escribió:
Hm.. the segfault is in glGetError. It sounds like this bug, where
glGetError segfaults if there is no current context (maybe try the
example code given there?)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mesa/+bug/318043

This example crash too :(

However, there may be something going wrong on GNUstep's side as
well. Do other OpenGL apps work on your system?

I install Oolite and Blender. Oolite run, but after some seconds
crash. Blender can't run: Segmentation fault. This seems to be a bug
on Ubuntu and Debian.