Re: Running a separate script from my app using NSBundle, NSTask

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Running a separate script from my app using NSBundle, NSTask
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:28:54 +0100

Hi Fred,

Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi Pal,
>
> I don't quite understand what you are trying to do here. Your last
> mail that probably explained it a bit more was too long ago for me to
> remember.

Well, English is'nt my first language, sorry.

> What I understand from the error messages that you posted is that all
> the different C files are in themselves complete applications with their
> own main function. If this is the case, you will have to compile each of
> this as a separate application with its own make file or at least a
> separate entry in the main make file. But then why would you want to
> write an application like that?

The parallel port can be accessed only if the application get permission
for that using 'ioperm()' function. After that the application can write
and read the parallel port with functions outb() and inb(). But, this
application must run with root access: with sudo, or must to be set with
command: 'sudo chmod +s application', and must to be compiled first wit
command: 'sudo gcc -ggdb -O application.c -o application'.

Say, I have application's source file: DPResetBit0.c
Then I must do the following commands to compile it and give it SETUID
permission:

 $ sudo gcc -ggdb -O DPResetBit0.c -o DPResetBit0
 $ sudo chmod +s DPResetBit0

After that I can to run it successfully with command:

 $ ./DPSetBit0

> Why don't you just call your C code directly from Objective-C?

How can I do that?
(I started to read the documentation of the installed GNUstep on my
Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze, specially the Developer doc's.)

> Is it possible for you to post your whole application code (including
> some of the C files and the make file) to this list or privately to
> me?
> Maybe that way I understand what you are doing here and whether this is
> the best way to achieve it.

Thanks! :)

Anonymous CVS Access

This project's CVS repository can be checked out through anonymous CVS
with the following instruction set. The module you wish to check out
must be specified as the modulename.
Software repository:

cvs -z3 \
-d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/lpt-interface \