Re: Running a separate script from my app using NSBundle, NSTask

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Running a separate script from my app using NSBundle, NSTask
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 20:56:31 +0100

Hello Richard,

Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@tiptree.demon.co.uk> writes:

> On 12 Nov 2010, at 10:29, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> SPUeNTRUP - Kai Henningsen <Kai.Henningsen@cats.ms> writes:
>>
>>> Am Tue, 02 Nov 2010 18:28:54 +0100
>>> schrieb Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Let me just point out that there is never a need to run gcc as root
>>> (and in fact it is usually a bad idea, as it hasn't been audited to be
>>> safe). The right way to do this is something along these lines:

>>> $ make
>>> $ sudo make install

> 1. You don't want the C files compiled into your app ... you want to
>   a. build executables from the C files and
>   b. have your app run those executables as subtasks.

OK, I shall follow your advice.

> 2. You can simply use a single GNU makefile to do all the build/install

> And if you want to install the tools setuid to be run by root (which
> is a dangerous thing to be done only with care/consideration), you can
> add a rule to do that with a series of commands to
>
> after-install::
>       $(INSTALL) -m 05755 $(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR)/DPResetBit0
> $(GNUSTEP_TOOLS)/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_DIR); \
>       $(INSTALL) -m 05755 $(GNUSTEP_OBJ_DIR)/DPResetBit1
> $(GNUSTEP_TOOLS)/$(GNUSTEP_TARGET_DIR); \

I created the GNUmakefile.postamble and put there these lines above.

I put the line:
include GNUmakefile.postamble

after the line
include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/application.make

in GNUmakefile.

So when I compile this application with 'make' I get executables in the
obj/ directory of the application's project directory.

But when I do 'sudo make install' I get messages:

GNUmakefile:1: /common.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:76: /application.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:79: /ctool.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:81: /Master/nsis.make: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/Master/nsis.make'.  Stop.

What is wrong now with GNUmakefile?

Sorry for my trivial questions, but I try really to learn Objective-C
reading the GNUstep documentations, but without advices I can't do my
best.

Any advices will be appreciated!

P.S.: One can get sources of this application with command:
cvs -z3 \
-d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/lpt-interface \
co lpt-interface

--