Re: Determining which button was clicked using it's id attribute

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Determining which button was clicked using it's id attribute
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 13:52:51 +0100

Nicola Pero <nicola.pero@meta-innovation.com> writes:

> I think Csanyi is using Renaissance, where each tag has an 'id'.

Yes, that's my case.

But why can't I use in this way 'id' attribute of a button?
I was thinking in that way that 'id' is like an 'ID Card' which can then
use to determine which button sent the action.

> To figure out which button has been clicked, as Fred said, it's best
> to use a 'tag':
>
>  <button tag="3" ...>
>
> and then [sender tag] should work.  Csanyi, check the renaissance/
> Examples/Applications/Calculator
> for a full example.

Thank you to point me in the right direction! :)

--
Regards, Paul Chany
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/lptinterface/>