Re: Foundation.h help

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: Foundation.h help
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 00:43:23 +0100

Am 30.11.2010 um 16:06 schrieb Chris Williams:

thanks everyone, the error's have been cleared, i fixed all the typo errors. Now I am very new to Objective-C and GNUstep. How exactly to i get the program to run to see the output message? I was under the impression that when i typed 'make', it would run the program,

compiler, make and Co are there to build the program from source code, not to run it.

You would run your program when you enter:

./prog1

be sure that prog1 is executable (do a "chmod 755 prog1" if not)

but i get ....

This is gnu-step-make 2.4.0.....yada yada yada
Making all for tool prog1...
   compiling file prog1.m...
   Linking tool prog1...

then a new line is made for me to enter a command.
i tried the orignal gcc -o prog1 prog1.m but i get all the original errors.

thanks again everyone,
chris

cheers,

        Lars