Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 08:54:47 +0100

Hi,

I don't think the first screenshot should point to a development application. It should point to user stuff.

Gorm and other development application shall be shown in the developer tools section, which always existed, but which wasn't accessible well. It is now more prominently shown and has the dignity of being shown in the navigation bar. ALl screenshots are being revamped.

Themes screenshots are added and a special theming page for developers is there too now.

I was in the process of updating the website and revamping it when the savannah got hacked and we were sent back to the stoneage. I am restoring the site from my local storage but it is a tedious process and it is taking a little longer.

Thanks for the patience,
   Riccardo

Banlu Kemiyatorn wrote:
Hi,
I think www.gnustep.org should change screenshot to a Gorm one, and
may be running on a GNOME desktop, something that suggest the system
as a cross platform development framework rather an environment. The
thumbnail on the front page could be better point to a page dedicated
for some more screenshots with some descriptive explanations of what
they see.

Also think that the purpose of the project should not so directly be
creating a free version of Cocoa but something that will survive on
its own and have the Cocoa cloning as a supporting secondary purpose.
Would make it feel less pain for big players to adopt the project.
Thanks,
Banlu.