Re: Extremely poor quality of GNUStep applications

From: Zhang Weiwu, Beijing
Subject: Re: Extremely poor quality of GNUStep applications
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:01:55 +0800

On 04/20/2011 12:40 PM, Gregory Casamento wrote:
None of the apps you mentioned with the sole exception of gworkspace
are maintained by this team.  So, I'm not entirely certain what your
point here is.

Is there a way to co-ordinate delivery of user experience? We could say this is the job of distribution.

Just please confirm if my understanding following is correct, as I am trying to get a clue:

What is gnome:

  1. Gnome is an organization intended to deliver user experience on
     *nix environment.
  2. Gnome is a community of workers, translators, designers and users
     in collaboration.
  3. Gnome is a product that consists of many desktop applications
     following a guideline, and a distribution of these products.

What is gnustep

   * GNUstep is a loose organization without offices and management
     hierarchy, intended to deliver a graphical user interface
     development environment for developers.
   * GNUstep is a community of development environment development
     team, note that it's not also a community of software vendors who
     develop using GNUstep, nor does it attempt to unify product
     delivery for any defined set of user experience.
   * GNUstep is a collection of a few products that makes it possible
     to develop applications, any other GNUstep applications are
     applications of their own vendor and have no direct relationship
     with GNUstep. Of course these vendors are welcome to contribute to
     GNUstep if they want to, but their writing of GNUstep based
     applications are their own business outside of GNUstep.

My original post is not about GNUstep development environment but is in-topic in case of gnome definition 1) and 2), I must have assumed gnustep the same. My fault.

--
我的博客:
http://zhangweiwu.ixiezi.com/