Re: Extremely poor quality of GNUStep applications

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Extremely poor quality of GNUStep applications
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:10:42 +0200

Hi,

I don't know this application, you might want to try other image display programs. Perhaps LaternaMagica from GAP suits your need, at least I know it works on current GNUstep because I'm its maintainer.

Just tried. Works perfect:)
Nice to hear that.

point out the faults, I don't mean allegation that this is gnustep.org's responsibility to correct. Faults are knowledge to be learned. As professional tone as we managed to reach so far, this is related to gnustep and thus allow to discuss.

Well, given the bad report on strange apps I never heard about, my reactions and that of others wasn't good. The point of your email was not clear.

You can also say this is a developer list thus it's reasonable not allowing users to allegation due to their bad feeling and bad luck, only truth with proof is o.k. But then you wouldn't worry users reading this message and turn away from gnustep, a real developer wouldn't take my FUD seriously.
This is a list for both users and developers: as the name "discuss" implies. We have a separate list for technical development discussions.

As I said, discussion is actually welcome if useful and carried on in a constructive manner. GNUstep appeals to a wide range of users, from developers to porters to end-users on a variety of platforms. We are used to different opinions.

Riccardo

PS: Are you the user who tried to run stuff on a Lemote MIPS mini computer some time ago?