Re: Linux-x86-64 and cairo crash

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Linux-x86-64 and cairo crash
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:07:01 +0200

Hi
Ah, I see. Transparent windows works fine for me with XGCairoSurface now -
perhaps it was a limitation in cairo that was fixed since then.

btw, I added the test to GSTest that I was meaning to write for a while, for testing
-[NSWindow setAlphaValue:] and -[NSWindow setBackgroundColor:] for colors with an alpha<
1. It's called "Transparency-test".

just out of curiosity I tried your patch anyway.

On the machine exporting to 15/16bit display it did not help at all, same behaviour as before.

I tried it also on another computer with a standard GeForce card, not exported. I don't know if the display is 24 or 32bit. How do I know best? I noticed a slight speed increase in certain operation, scrolling and resizing seemed a bit better.

The transparency test didn't work for me before and continued not to work. It says it needs a special compositing windowmanager? I just run windowmaker.

I always wonder that the animation test makes about 29 frames and the machine becomes almost completely unresponsive. With the new surface type behaviour remained about the same.

Riccardo