Re: Linux-x86-64 and cairo crash

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Linux-x86-64 and cairo crash
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:56:35 +0200

Hi

ok, you mean you tried switching to XGCairoSurface?
yes, exactly.
On the machine exporting to 15/16bit display it did not help at all, same
behaviour as before.
Hm, that suggests problem is elsewhere in the back/x11 code then. Is this the
first time you tested this configuration, or was it working in the past? It may
be a bug in back/x11 (XWindowBuffer?) that has been there for a long time.
I think I tested this the first time in this exact configuration. on the display mahcine, I run locally gnustep too, using plain xlib and it displays perfectly. So it might be xlib vs. cairo as well as exported display. I'll try exporting from other computers and see how they fare.
I always wonder that the animation test makes about 29 frames and the machine
becomes almost completely unresponsive. With the new surface type behaviour
remained about the same.

It uses close to 100% cpu for me too.

Ok, just good to know it is not me.

Riccardo