Re: empty document at Graphos startup

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: empty document at Graphos startup
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:31:01 +0100

Wolfgang Lux wrote:

> Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>
>> I did a core rebuild and rebuilt graphos. For me the problem is consistent
>> on NetBSD-x86-32
>> However, I cannot reproduce it on Linux and FreeBSD, intel 32bit. Since it
>> worked for months and it works on the Mac, I do wonder. It may be a subtle
>> bug.
>
> I like subtle bugs :-)
> Looking a bit further, I see that the problem is with GRDocView
> -updatePrintInfo:. This method changes the size of the document view
> according to the size of the printer's page rectangle. Now on the machine
> where things don't work for me (GNUstep on OS X), the pageRect is empty,
> i.e., (0,0,0,0), which means that the document view's size is set to zero
> making it effectively invisible.
> Now I don't know whether this is due to recent changes in GRDocView.m (I
> didn't bother looking through its history) or is a problem inside -gui. In
> the latter case, it maybe worth pointing out that I'm using the GSLPR printer
> classes (can't use GSCUPS on OS X because it links in Apple's Objective C
> runtime).

I've got Graphos working correctly with GNUstep on OS X again. The problem was
that my GSLPR printer configuration got messed up during an OS X upgrade. The
printer's ppd file was moved to a different place. After correcting its path in
the defaults, Graphos's document windows appear correctly on my systems.
Probably you should check your printer configuration (and maybe handle the case
when no printer is available in -updatePrintInfo: by assuming some standard
page format).

Wolfgang