Re: empty document at Graphos startup

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: empty document at Graphos startup
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:23:30 +0100

Hi,

I've got Graphos working correctly with GNUstep on OS X again. The problem was
that my GSLPR printer configuration got messed up during an OS X upgrade. The
printer's ppd file was moved to a different place. After correcting its path in
the defaults, Graphos's document windows appear correctly on my systems.
Probably you should check your printer configuration (and maybe handle the case
when no printer is available in -updatePrintInfo: by assuming some standard
page format).

I guarded updatePrintInfo so that returns without setting the page rect if the information is clearly invalid (nil or <= 0). However, this doesn't fix the problem (commited though, it doesn't harm surely).

the pageRectSize is set in the designated initializer.
   pageRect = NSMakeRect(0, 0, 695, 942);
line 47

I notice two interesting thigns:
1) updatePrintInfo is not called on startup witha new blank document for me. 2) the init method is called twice (I get "initing doc view with win" on the console) 3) I also get "Scanner initialised with nil string", I haven't debugged yet where it is coming from.

Riccardo