Re: ANN: Paje 1.98

From: Lucas Schnorr
Subject: Re: ANN: Paje 1.98
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 12:20:18 +0100

Hi,

On 12/22/2011 09:00 AM, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
I was thinking about making a port of Paje for OpenBSD.

That would be great! Feel free to suggest changes to Paje if necessary.

I found the
things under the "Monitor" in the main window unreadable, see the
screenshot. I tested with GNUstep base/gui/back from svn, using cairo
backend on i386 and macppc. I guess it should be readable or?

Paje groups event types that are children of the same container type to save vertical space. In this example, the event types "Thread Data" and "Monitor Event" are children of of the "Thread" container type. One way to avoid this is to change the shapes of these event types. You can do that by Tools -> Shapes & Sizes, selecting the appropriate event types and increasing the height dimension of one of them.

But I agree with you that this should work directly.

I only
tested with the test trace that comes with the sources. When I had it
open, and then quit Paje, it segfaults, see the backtrace below.
Someone knows what's wrong there?

A known bug that is on my TODO list for a while. I'll try to fix it for the next release.

Otherwise, it seems to work well.

Cool, let me know if you have any issues.

One of the things I would like to do is to find an easy way to trace objective-c applications [1] so developers can visualize their execution using Paje's space/time view. I think that will be beneficial for the GNUstep community.

Regards
Lucas

[1]: lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2011-05/msg00149.html