Character shifting with cairo

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Character shifting with cairo
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 23:28:50 +0100

Hi,

Gregory told me he has problems with cairo and printing: he sees shifted characters. At first, I couldn't reproduce (except with xlib, where printed characters are aligned with the screen font, quite terrible in certain cases).

However, I noticed that on one computer, I see shifted stuff directly on the screen, I attach a screenshot with the evidence.

I have not seen it elsewhere and interesting is also the fact that exporting the display to another computer from this one doesn't show the artifact: it means it could be font based. However, not good.

Riccardo

--
---
GNUstep maintainer and Application developer