Re: invalid printinfo data, NetBSD

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: invalid printinfo data, NetBSD
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 10:15:24 +0100

On 03.01.2012 08:57, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Hi,
My only nitpick now remains that perhaps we should return "nil" as
printInfo if the PPD information is invalid, and not some partial
object.

The only thing we could do here is to raise an exception, if the files
could not be read. Probably this is better than working with an
invalid object.
An invalid object is perhaps the worst thing indeed.. An exception, a
nil object are more user and programmer friendly.
In this case, GNUstep is looking up one of its own configuration files,
if it fails, clearly some misconfiguration or internal bug happened
(like in my case the domain local / sytem got mixed up somehow)

Done, I changed the code to raise an exception when the read in PPD file is nil.

Some useful NSlog would helped me hours of debugging :)

Did you try to use --GNU-Debug=GSPrinting
Actually no, I don't even know all these debug options, a Wiki page
would be nice!

Not a Wiki page, but maybe this will do:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/ProgrammingManual/manual_6.html#NSDebugLog_002c-NSWarnLog