Re: Fireplace.app

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Fireplace.app
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 16:40:22 +0000

On 1 Jan 2012, at 05:49, Ivan Vučica wrote:

> It's also structured as neat Objective-C code. AppKit is not used, since UI
> will probably be rendered using UIKit later on; plus, since this is a WM and
> I'm struggling to learn how compositing and window management works in
> the first place, AppKit would probably get in the way. Foundation is
> currently used only minimally - there was not much opportunity.

You might want to take a look at ProjectManager in Étoilé svn.  It is a
compositing window manager written in Objective-C.  All of the XCB* classes are
wrappers around various X functions (using xcb, since there is no reason to use
the legacy xlib in new code).  Basic compositing and window management work
already and the code is permissively licensed so can be reused in any project.

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1