Re: Tests

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: Tests
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:42:17 -0600

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 3:55 AM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
Thank you for your update for 64bit machines now a lot more tests pass. Still too much errors to start testing on MacOSX.

I'm still stuck in 2001 with no 64-bit machine.  I actually got one a few days back but it is not set up, yet.

As for running the tests on OS X, I was hoping to find out if the tests are correct.  I have no way of knowing if any of this stuff is compatible, at this point.  Unlike the Foundation, CoreFoundation has horrible documentation.  Most of the time I do what I did with CFURL and just port a test from the -base testsuite as I figured toll-free bridged types should behave the same.

Checking for presence of test subdirectories ...
--- Running tests in CFArray ---
--- Running tests in CFCalendar ---
--- Running tests in CFLocale ---

CFLocale/values.m:
Failed file:     values.m aborted without running all tests!

This is a problem with library loading order.  I get the same one on OpenSUSE and Debian installs, but not FreeBSD or Windows.  The problem here is that some of the constants, in this case kCFBooleanTrue and kCFBooleanFalse, are initialized before the ObjC runtime.  What ends up happening is that the isa pointer is NULL, and objc_getClass crashes.  The reason I haven't fixed it yet is because I need a more robust interface with the objc runtime.  I was planning to bring it up for discussion at some point, and see what others think.

--- Running tests in CFNumber ---
--- Running tests in CFNumberFormatter ---

CFNumberFormatter/format.m:
Failed test:     format.m:60 ... Double formatted correctly
--- Running tests in CFRuntime ---
--- Running tests in CFString ---

CFString/format.m:
Failed test:     format.m:28 ... Float/Doubles are formatted correctly

These two are related to the ICU bug also plaguing -base.