Re: GNUmail on NetBSD

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUmail on NetBSD
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 01:34:15 +0200

Hi,

I think this is a bit off-topic. Also, I imported lusernet to the nonfsf project, mainly because of the gnumail and pantomime affinity.

Philippe Roussel wrote:
Le 13/04/2012 20:15, Ivan Vučica a écrit :

Well, GAP projects are small enough to be in a single tree but I would
vote for any setup not using cvs, even if I have to learn a new tool.
I don't like all this version control program fiddling, that happens on the main gnustep repo, because my vote counts little, but on gap where I work since years and am co-leader, I don't want the hassle.

If at all, I may migrate it to SVN because we use gorm file which are directories and CVS is a bit cumbersome with them. However I long maintained GAP apps on platforms where I was never able to get a running SVN (not even that exotic... mac 10.2 for example). Since I will probably drop some of them, I might change my mind.

The number of developers and general patching activity is not that big in GAP... up to little ago I was quite able to manage all the patches by myself...

Another potentialy beneficial move would to be use text files for the
UIs. I find it annoying to not be able to diff 2 versions of a gorm
interface but maybe that's just me :o)

Well, since I essentially gormize all apps I import into GAP, I think we are on different routes here. GORM files have drawbacks, especially with version control systems, but they are the main reason WHY I am working on GUI apps at all...

I don't want to force anything on others, but I am trying to give GAP apps a certain uniformity while working on them. One of them is the interface. GAP apps end up being also show-offs of our capabilities and portability...

Riccardo