NSTextField setStringValue nil value

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: NSTextField setStringValue nil value
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 20:09:03 +0200

Hi,

while porting an application from GNUstep to Cocoa, I noticed that while Cocoa rises an exception if you send nil with setStringValue to a textfield, GNUstep silently accepts it.

I think we should match Apple's behaviour which appears to be this since a long time [1] (note the commentof setStringValue vs. setObjectValue)

I couldn't find an explicit reference of this in NSCOntrol's documentation though.

Riccardo

[1] http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/cocoa/343-clearing-nstextfield.html#338