Re: building gworkspace in a debian system where other components exist

From: Germán A. Arias
Subject: Re: building gworkspace in a debian system where other components exist
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 07:12:14 -0600

El Sat, 5 May 2012 23:21:01 -0700
Dan Hitt <dan.hitt@gmail.com> escribió:

> If i start it again from the command line the dock icon looses the
> three dots, but two new icons are put in the dock.  One looks like the
> gworkspace icon, and one looks like a recycling icon.  But the icons
> do not seem to have the gray background or border that the gworkspace
> icon has.
>
> Also, if i right click on the gworkspace icon, window maker does not
> get control it looks like (instead of getting a little 6-item menu
> including "Settings" i get the entire GWorkspace menu).
>
> I'm not sure if the icon right-clicking is the correct behavior or
> not, but not being able to successfully double click the GWorkspace
> icon sounds like something is not exactly right.
>
> One thing that GWorkspace did do correctly was to create the ~/GNUstep
> directory and Library and Defaults subdirectories.
>
> Thanks in advance to anybody for help on how to fix up the
> double-clicking issue.
>
> dan

Close GWorkspace and then do a right click above the Gworkspace icon at
dock. I suppose you will see the 6 items menu including "Settings".
Select "Setting". Now in the field that have the command to open
GWorkspace, write the absolute path to gworkspace (something
like: /usr/GNUstep/Local/Applications/GWorkspace.app/GWorkspace), save
the changes and try again. Hope this help.