Re: Test on Ubuntu 12.04 64bits

From: Stefan Bidi
Subject: Re: Test on Ubuntu 12.04 64bits
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 10:52:43 -0500

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
> David's and your changes help a lot. The only remaining compiler warning I
> get is this:
>
> Compiling file CFTimeZone.c ...
> CFTimeZone.c: In function ‘CFTimeZoneCreate’:
> CFTimeZone.c:163:3: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
> strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
> CFTimeZone.c:164:3: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
> strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]
> CFTimeZone.c:165:3: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break
> strict-aliasing rules [-Wstrict-aliasing]

I've known about this for sometime now, but not sure how to tell the
compiler "trust me, I know what I'm doing this time!"

> And the tests look much better as well:
>

> CFString/format.m:
> Failed test:     format.m:28 ... Float/Doubles are formatted correctly

Could I get your tests.log file?  Not sure why this would fail.  The
only explanation I've got is rounding error.

> --- Running tests in CFTimeZone ---
>
> CFTimeZone/general.m:
> Failed test:     general.m:54 ... Daylight Saving time offset at 0 second
> from absolute epoch is '3600.000000'.

I'll eventually fix this.

> --- Running tests in CFTree ---
> --- Running tests in CFURL ---
> --- Running tests in CFURLAccess ---
>
> CFURLAccess/basic.m:
> Failed test:     basic.m:24 ... Directory was successfully created.

This is giving you an error because the test is trying to create a
directory that already exists.  It exists because the last time you
ran the test it crashed before cleaning up.  Running them again will
yield a different result now that it ran to the end and deleted
everything correctly.