[ANN] MKMapKit updated

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: [ANN] MKMapKit updated
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 17:46:59 +0200

Hi all,
I have updated the MKMapKit clone for QuantumSTEP I had presented
during FOSDEM 2012.

It has fixed some bugs with coordinate calculations and can now show
MKAnnotations and MKAnnotationViews.

MKOverlays are not yet implemented (planned for the next release).

You can also use it on MacOS X since it #defines UIView as NSView.

The maps that are rendered are fetched from the OpenStreetMap
tile server and alternatively preinstalled tiles.

Sources are here:

        http://download.goldelico.com/quantumstep/sources/mySTEP/MapKit/

There is also a CLLocation framework that allows to read and
process NMEA records coming from some serial file (/dev/tty*, e.g.
an external bluetooth GPS receiver) and handles Nominatim geocoding:

        http://download.goldelico.com/quantumstep/sources/mySTEP/CoreLocation/

It has not been tested if it works with GNUstep, but it works with
mySTEP - with one exception: rotation of the map is broken and
not compensated in all coordinate transformations.

License is LGPL.

Nikolaus