Re: NSSpeechSynthesizer is mute :P

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: NSSpeechSynthesizer is mute :P
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:55:57 +0000

How did you compile it?  NSSpeechSynthesizer talks to the back end
(GSSpeechServer), which uses flite.  It's intended to be modular, so other
speech synthesis engines can be plugged in (flite is very lightweight and good
for embedded systems, but doesn't have the best output), and it won't be
compiled at all if flite is not installed.

David